Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Encounter with the Police

Last weekend we were pulled over by the police.
Elder Shipley: Hello how are you today?
Police: We need to check....Oh you are a servant of God. I don't want to waste your time. Go on.

8 comments:

Charmaine Anderson said...

Well that wouldn't happen here. Hope all is well with you. We enjoy your blog.

Matt said...

The remainder of the conversation:

Sister Shipley: "You know, Elder Shipley, if you hadn't been going so fast we wouldn't have been pulled over . . ."

Elder Shipley: "Now Sister Shipley, I was driving with the flow of traffic."

Sister Shipley: "Well it was obviously too fast because he pulled us over anyway!"

Elder Shipley: "My love, your argument is based on the assumption that he pulled me over because he thought I was speeding. You do not know that to be true now do you?"

Sister Shipley: "You're right. It could've been because you were tailgaiting, too."

Jessica said...

That is funny. Oh Matt's comment is quite funny. I can see Jon and I having the same conversation, well ours would be more of an argument:)

Matt said...

Correction: should read "tailgating."

Heather said...

Okay, how funny is that. I can totally hear that conversation, Matt. That's awesome that he let you go so quickly.

Marian said...

You're right Charmaine...it wouldn't happen in America...that is one of the things we love about Ghana...their love and respect for God.

Becky said...

That is awesome!

Jackie said...

Marian,

That same thing happened to me on my mission, in Independence, Mo. Just about verbatim. We were stopped across the street from a liqueur store named "Spirit World", no less.