
Once a year for the last two years all units of the church in all of Africa have participated in All Africa Service Day. The members have joined together to improve something in the community. Some painted buildings, some cleaned ditches, some helped at hospitals, and some to people's homes. It's a blessing to the community and to the members who feel the spirit of serving others. I thought you would enjoy some pictures of this years All Africa Service Day held on September 20, 2008.

3 comments:
Service day is a great idea and a great missionary tool, but I have one little quibble. Just a few weeks ago you said that Ghanians carried everything on their heads, yet I clearly see a wheel barrow in the first picture and a makeshift hand cart in the last. What's going on? Are you guys even in Ghana???
Hey mom, its Holly! I am just trying to find out if you got your package yet? Christmas is getting close, and we are really hoping it gets there BEFORE the big day. . .
You know we help out and get to be cheerleaders here in England for Helping Hands...RAH! RAH! for Africa's Day of Service. Isn't it great? I LOVE the yellow vests, called tabards, here in jolly ol' England!Cheers!!!
Post a Comment