(sorry we are not in the picture)Part of our responsiblities is to help with the logistics of Mission President's Conferences. It is always held at one of the nice hotels here in Accra. We are blessed with being able to mingle with all of the mission presidents in West Africa. We learn with them and we eat with them.
Once a year a member of the Twelve Apostles comes to train the mission presidents. This past weekend we had the priviledge of sitting at the feet of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Council of the Twelve Apostles while he ministered to us. Along with Elder Holland was Elder Steve Snow, president of the Seventy. President Snow (our Pres) said sometimes we are like coals far away from the fire. Our coal over time cools down and we just need to return to the fire to warm up until we glow again.
We were instructed by Elder Holland for several hours on Friday and another hour and a half on Saturday followed by a session in the Accra Temple. After, we all gathered in one of the ordinance rooms where Elder Holland spent an hour and a half explaining his thoughts on the temple. In future posts I will try to write about what I learned. It was an experience I shall never forget.
3 comments:
Wow that is a great experience.
Steve and Marian, what an experience you are having. As I sat reading I had goosebumps all over. To have those brethren teach, WOW. I know you are both very learned in the Gospel, but to be taught for all those hours by the Apostle, it reminded me of the picture of the people gathered listening to the apostes and of course Christ. I especially enjoyed the analagy of the coals and the fire. Thank you again!
What a neat experience. I'm glad you were able to sit at the feet of an apostle of the Lord. Not many can say that. Amazing.
Post a Comment