These palms are unique to West Africa. They line the sidewalks on the North and South sides of the temple.

The flowers are mostly on shrubs and ground cover. Unlike at home there are few cut flowers around Ghana. The Ghanians cannot afford cut flowers, they prefer artifical flowers. At the airport there is a flower shop that looks like any flower shop you might see at home except the flowers in it are not real! I love cut flowers and miss them a great deal. Sr. Snow must have known I was really missing flowers. When we picked Pres. and Sr. Snow up from the airport when they returned, Sr. Snow presented me with a red rose. I was in heaven for a week until I finally had to throw it away.
Here are more pictures of the shrubs and trees on the grounds.


This is a ficus tree. Instead of thinning it out in the shape of a tree they trim them like hedges into ball shapes.
This is a tree that is just beginning to flower.

In Africa, this is all a bit of heaven!






1 comment:
those palms are BEAUTIFUL
Post a Comment