A Sharing of Thoughts, Feelings and Experiences of Steve and Marian while serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ghana
Sunday, July 6, 2008
We Love Reading African Window Stickers!
"Christ in the Vessel; I Fear no Storm" - the most creative
I'm Steve. I was born in Jackson, Wyoming. Dad worked for the Forest Service and each of my mom and dad's four children were born in a different state. I was raised in Provo, Utah (grade school), Corvallis, Oregon (junior high) and Medford, Oregon (high school). I attended BYU for a year and a half then served a mission in Scotland. I met Marian at BYU and we have now been married 39 years. We learned early in our marriage that God is a much better decision maker and guide than we were. We have sought and attempted to follow his guidance in every major decision in our lives. He has taken us on many adventures and it appears that we are not quite done. Along the road of working for Husky Oil in Cody, Wyoming, the Department of Interior in Washington, D.C., law school in Baltimore, legal work in Denver, more government assignments in Washington, D.C., consulting assignments throughout the world, 20 years in Utah and a short retirement in Nevada, we have raised 6 wonderful children and are enjoying 17 of the loveliest grand children you'll ever meet.
Our newest adventure will take us to Africa. Can you imagine that? What a blessing it will be to have Marian with me. We have spent massive amounts of time away from one another because of my aggressive travel schedule. One of the blessings of our Nevada experience has been that of being together. I've enjoyed that. We will miss our family and friends, but I'll have my best friend with me. Does it get any better than that?
No comments:
Post a Comment