Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shopping in Ghana

Just to give you a flavor of everyday life here in Ghana. Many shops are outside under an umbrella or out in the open. You can buy just about anything in these shops as you will see by the pictures. We visit the fruit and vegtable market at least once a week.

Bananas are sold everywhere, but this store has by far the best tasting bananas anywhere in Accra.

The T-Shirt Store - We drive by it every week but haven't stopped to purchase yet.

Anyone need a broom, mop, or a dustpan? This is the place!

Soft drinks for Sale

Welcome to the Cell Phone Store


Well the one thing you can say for them - Overhead is minimal.

3 comments:

Paul and Marolynn said...

I love these pictures - such things may be commonplace to you by now but they are fascinating to me. They paint a wonderful idea of the people. Some day I'll patch them together into a video. The PEF pictures were great also.

Heather said...

How neat. I bet you're eating healthier than you've eaten in a long time! I love seeing all these pictures of Ghana!

Kayla Casos said...

wow that fruit and vegetable stand looks amazing!!