Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day in Ghana



Today was Mother's Day. The best of the day came in Relief Society. This little baby boy (probably about 1 yr old) sat next to me with his mom and grandma. He must have sensed that this grandma was lonely for holding a grandchild as he reached out his arms to me and climbed right into my lap. He was just so cute and made my day. His grandmother wrapped him around her when they came to church and wrapped him back up when they left. In Relief Society they gave all the women a plastic mug - purple - all wrapped in white polka dotted clear cellophane. Even the women in Africa know how to make something look special! It was a very nice surprise.

Last night dad and Elder Knudsen took me and Sr. Knudsen out to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day. It was great! I had actually forgotten it was Mother's Day until Elder Shipley mentioned going out to eat to celebrate. Here it just seems all days are the same. What a great husband to make it special.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Hey Mom---

I am so glad that some little one recognized that you are someones mom and wanted you to feel loved. We missed you so much out here. Sorry I havent written or talked much this past week. I have had tons of company in town, and things have been RATHER chaotic. Anyhow, I love you tons!!! (and yes, i missed Kayla horribly while she was gone. . . )

Kayla Casos said...

ahh how cute! we miss you tons, you know. :) i wish I coulda been there for your mothers day